Back to top
- When a FFPLTC member requires FFPLTC material which is not included in the FFPLTC's collection, the FFPLTC will make every effort to secure the requested material from another library.
- Accurate records shall be kept by the FFPLTC Staff of:
- requests for materials made to other libraries
- materials which have been received from other libraries
- the date on which such materials are due back at the holding library
- the date on which materials are returned to their holding library
- The borrowing period for Interlibrary Loan materials will be determined by the holding library.
- All Interlibrary Loan materials must be returned to the FFPLTC and must not be returned directly to the holding library by the borrower.
Interlibrary Loan materials will be subject to the same rules as regular FFPLTC materials in regard to lost or damaged materials.
Money collected in compensation for lost or damaged Interlibrary Loan materials shall be forwarded to the holding library.
- Fines for overdue Interlibrary Loans will be applied as per Fees and Fines.
- In the case where a holding library requires a fee for the loan of its material, the requesting FFPLTC member will be expected to cover this cost and will be informed of the possibility of a fee before the FFPLTC proceeds with the loan request.
- Any member who shows repeated disregard for the rules concerning the borrowing of Interlibrary Loan materials will be denied this privilege.
Back to top
- The FPPLTC will loan materials to other libraries through Information Network for Ontario (INFO).
The following items are not available for Interlibrary Loan:
- Books which are in demand by FFPLTC members
- Books with a copyright date of the current and preceding year
- Books considered to be rare or of a historical nature
- Reference books
- Seasonal books
- Digital Materials excluding Audiobooks and CDs
- Items received from the FFPLTC will be due back 3 weeks from the date the borrowing library receives the item.
- Items may be renewed for one additional period of 3 weeks.
- Lost or damaged items will be subject to replacement fee of the retail price of the item, including applicable taxes.
- Books will be returned in the original shipping package via Canada Post.
- Materials shall not be loaned outside of INFO