All Public Library Players League (PL2) players acknowledge their agreement to, and compliance with, the following terms and conditions. By participating in a PL2 Event, or allowing your child to participate, you agree to these terms.
- Joining the PL2 is free.
Registration for Magic: The Gathering
- PL2 Magic: The Gathering players must also be DCI members in good standing.
- There is no cost associated with joining the DCI, but players are allowed only one DCI membership number.
- Players must be 13 years of age or older to join the PL2 and the DCI.
- Players under the age of 13 must obtain the express written consent of their parent and / or guardian to join both the PL2 and the DCI.
- DCI membership requires the use of an email address. If you do not have an email address, FFPLTC Staff can guide you through the process of creating one.
- New players will receive a membership card, and will be entered into our event tracking system.
- Some PL2 events may require a participation fee.
- Participation fees will be posted prior to registration for each PL2 event.
- Players may be required to provide their own sealed product for PL2 events.
- Participation rewards are generously donated by the FFPLTC.
- Participation rewards may include sealed and / or promotional product.
- Participation rewards may be awarded to players competing in PL2 events based on performance.
- Participation rewards may be awarded to playerss based on PL2 standings at intervals determined by the PL2, such as monthly, seasonally and annually.
- Players must participate in at least 3 rounds per PL2 event to be eligible for participation rewards.
- Participation rewards will be posted prior to registration for each PL2 event.
- The location of events held within the FFPLTC may change without notice. Participants will be informed of these changes by inquiring at the circulation desk.
- Players and spectators must adhere to the FFPLTC Code of Conduct and exhibit good sportsmanship at all times.
Magic: The Gathering Events
- All league matches will adhere to the Magic: The Gathering® Tournament Rules
- Event officials will be designated prior to the start of any PL2 event.
- Event officials will make all event rulings in compliance with the Magic: The Gathering® Tournament Rules.
- PL2 tournaments with 8 or more players are sanctioned by the DCI through The Game Shelf in Thunder Bay.
- Most DCI sanctioned tournaments will be conducted at Regular Rules Enforcement Level under the supervision of our Level 1 Certified DCI Judge.
- Premier DCI sanctioned tournaments may be conducted at Competitive Rules Enforcement Level.
- Results of sanctioned tournaments will be submitted to the DCI.
Trading and Selling Cards
- Players are solely responsible for their own personal property while at the FFPLTC.
- The FFPLTC does not enforce and is not responsible for any exchanges of property between players.
- Buying or selling of cards on FFPLTC premises with anyone other than an authorized on-site dealer is prohibited.
- The FFPLTC may make product available for purchase to facilitate PL2 events.
Violation of PL2 terms and conditions may result in the suspension of PL2 membership, and the suspension of FFPLTC privileges.
Suspended players are not eligible to participate in PL2 events, or receive PL2 participation rewards.
The PL2 is in no way associated with Wizards of the Coast or the DCI.
Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the United States and other countries. © 2014 Wizards. All Rights Reserved.
The PL2 reserves the right to publish PL2 participation information at any time (including during an event). Participation information includes, but is not limited to, the contents of one or more players' decks, descriptions of strategies or play, transcripts, video reproductions, player status, player ratings, player standings and event results.
The PL2 reserves the right to publish penalty and suspension information.
Notice of Photography, Audio and Video Recording
The PL2 reserves the right to record and publish photographs, audio and video recordings of players participating in PL2 events.
Limitation of Liability
The PL2 reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions without notice.Back to top